- Firearm Specifications
- Caliber: 45–70 Gov’t.
- Capacity: 4–shot tubular magazine
- Action: Lever action; side ejection; stainless steel receiver, barrel, lever, trigger guard plate, magazine tube and loading gate. Hammer block safety.
- American black walnut straight-grip stock; cut checkering; ventilated recoil pad; tough Mar-Shield® finish; swivel studs.
- Barrel: 18.5 in. with deep-cut Ballard-type rifling (6 grooves).
- Twist Rate: 1:20 r.h.
- Sights: Adjustable semi-buckhorn folding rear, ramp front sight with brass bead and Wide-Scan™ hood. Solid top receiver tapped for scope mount; offset hammer spur (right or left hand) for scope use.
- Overall Length: 37 in.
- Weight: 7 lbs.
Marlin 1895GS Guide Gun 45/70 Lever Action Rifle with Stainless Steel
The venerable big–game–dropping performance of the 45–70 Gov’t. is now available in a compact gun that weighs only 7 lbs. It features an 18½” inch barrel and a straight-grip stock for fast pointing. For corrosion resistance, the Model 1895GS comes with all major metal parts machined from stainless steel.