The Ruger AR-556 Barrett Brown Cerakote semi-automatic, M4-style, direct impingement Modern Sporting Rifle offers consumers an affordable, American-made Modern Sporting Rifle with the rugged reliability they have come to expect from Ruger. Extensively tested during its development, the AR-556 is constructed from top-quality components, including forged 7075-T6 aluminum upper and lower receivers and a cold hammer-forged chrome-moly steel barrel with M4 feed ramp cuts.
Chambered in 5.56 NATO, the AR-556’s carbine-length, flat-top, M4 design is fully configured with a Ruger Rapid Deploy folding rear sight, milled F-height gas block with post front sight, forward assist, dust cover, brass deflector, telescoping six-position stock, improved trigger-reach grip, enlarged trigger guard and one 30-round Magpul PMag. Standardized M4/AR components are utilized throughout, so the AR-556 can be customized easily.
- Manufacturer: Ruger
- Model: AR-556
- Model Number: 8503
- Caliber: 5.56 NATO
- Weight: 6.50 lbs.
- Length: 32.25 – 35.50 in.
- Length of Pull: 10.25 – 13.50 in.
- Width: 2.50 in.
- Height: 8.00 in. (Without Magazine)
- Capacity: 30-Rounds
- Buttstock: Six-Position Telescoping / Mil-Spec Buffer Tube / Barrett Brown
- Handguards: Heat Resistant Glass-Filled Nylon / Barrett Brown
- Grip: Ergonomic Improved Trigger Reach / Enlarged Trigger Guard Opening
- Sights: Elevation Adjustable Front / Windage Adjustable Ruger® Rapid Deploy Folding Rear (Front Sight Tool Included)
- Upper Receiver: Flat Top 7075-T6 Aluminum Forging / Forward Assist Dust Cover and Brass Deflector / Type III Hard Coat Anodized
- Lower Receiver: 7075-T6 Aluminum Forging / Type III Hard Coat Anodized | Cerakote Barrett Brown Finish
- Bolt Carrier Group: Staked Gas Key / Chrome Plated Bolt Carrier ID and Gas Key ID / Matte Black Oxide Finish
- Bolt: 9310 Alloy Steel / Shoot Peened / PT Tested
16.10 in. Medium Contour
Cold Hammer-Forged 4140 Chrome-Moly Steel
1:8 Twist Stabilizes Bullets from 35 to 77 Grain
M4 Feed Ramp Cuts
Threaded ½ – 28 with Ruger Flash Suppressor
Barrel Contour is .850 Under the Handguard .750 Under the Gas Block .700 Forward of the Gas Block
Matte Black Oxide Finished
- Gas Block:
A-2 F-Height Pinned in Place
Multiple Sling Attachment Points and with QD Port and Bayonet Lug
Machined Low-Glare Serrations on Angled Face
- Barrel Nut/Delta Ring:
Patent Pending Design
One Person Removal
Accepts Standard Handguards
Uses Standard Wrench Can be Swapped with a Mil-Spec Nut if Desired
There are no reviews yet.